Renewal of Metrology Pattern Approval (MPA, PAC)
Metrology Pattern Approval (MPA) (also known as Metrology certificate, Measuring Instruments Certificate, the Pattern Approval Certificate for Measuring Instruments, MPA or PAC) is one of the most difficult approval documents required for measuring instrument used in the spheres of state metrological control and supervision of the Russian Federation.
Why might this be relevant for you?
MPA may be prolonged. This procedure will save your time and money.
Extending the current MPA cuts costs by 3 times. MPA prolongation does not require testing of the samples or the site audit.
Renewal of the document takes 2 months, new MPA registration takes 5-6 months.
Basic documents required for PAC renewal:
- Hard copy of the Metrology Pattern Approval with appendix to it (type description);
- Operation documents described in the type description;
- Power of Attorney from the manufacturer in the name of the applicant, 2 hard copies;
- Several application forms (we will prepare and the applicant/manufacturer should sign them)
If the hard copy of the MPA cannot be provided, we may help with obtaining the duplicate. In this case, the lead time will increase up to 3 months.
How long are certificates issued?
Lead time – 2 months.
We recommend starting to prolong MPA at least 4 months before the expiry date.
Validity term – 5 years.
If you have any current inquiry for MPA renewal, please send us the following information to email@example.com:
- Scanned copy of Metrology Pattern Approval (or serial number)